Tax Savings


Tax Savings Services

Whether you have just started your business or have been in business for a long time, Top-Notch Accountants can help you with your tax planning needs.

If you are looking to make tax savings but do not want to attempt to interpret detailed tax legislation, we would recommend seeking the advice of a professional. We offer all clients tax planning reviews and try to ensure they only pay as much tax as they are legally obliged to and no more!

Whatever your tax planning needs are, we will endeavour to find a tax saving scheme to suit your circumstances, so make sure you contact us, especially as there may be more specific tax planning tips and tax advice available for your business sector.

We have included a series of tax tips below that guide various tax-saving strategies and answer some of your tax questions.

Your business challenges we have the answers!

Any questions? Call 0179 542 0822

Employing your spouse in the business

If you are self-employed and your spouse helps with general administration, or any other role, it is entirely legitimate to pay your spouse a salary.

However, a few rules need to be followed, such as how much to pay your spouse and to keep evidence that the payments were made during the year.

Sole traders with higher rate tax liabilities will benefit significantly from this arrangement if their spouse is a non-taxpayer or lower rate taxpayer, and further tax savings could be made by making pension contributions.

Low-interest loans provided by employers

It may be possible for a company to lend an employee up to £10,000 with no tax implications, provided they are not a director. This can be useful if the employee needs to buy his company car to avoid benefit in kind tax charges.

Stock valuation

The stock should be valued at the cost but 'net realisable value' if this is a lower figure. Essentially this means valued at what you could sell the stock in an open market sale. So lowering the value of the closing stock will £ for £ reduce taxable profits.

Recover VAT

Recover VAT on some invoices you have paid or received before registering for VAT by including the input VAT on your first return. Make sure you have the VAT invoices and keep a schedule of the adjustments you have made. Be careful, though; there are time limits and rules for this recovery measure, so be sure to speak with your accountant!

Capital Gains Tax - Using Home as Office

If you claim tax relief for using a room as an office, there can be a tax charge when you later sell your home; however, we can advise you of measures that can be taken to help minimise a Capital Gains Tax liability.

Capital Gains Tax - Selling Property

If you have Capital Gains Tax (CGT) to pay, for example, because you've sold a holiday home or rental property, you will need to complete a tax return. From April 2020, you must report and pay the CGT to HMRC within 30 days of completion. Top-Notch Accountants can advise you on any tax planning opportunities available to minimise your liability. We can also complete your tax return and 30-day report for you.

Our main focus for clients

We Provide Quality Services

We are committed to being your source for help when you require
accounting, business and financial advice.

Our Consultation

Our professional team are friendly to consult with you to understand your business support needs.

Perfect Solutions

Our qualified team analyse your requirements and provide right solution to save your potential time.

Business Growth

Our business advisers have the knowledge, skills and expertise to take right step for your business growth.


Happy Clients


Returning Clients


Years of Practice


Client Satisfaction